So often in France you will see in the homes and markets table cloths that are “coated” or “waterproof”.
These cloths are on my website and are so easy to look after. They keep their colours for a long time and can be used inside or outside – even in the sunny weather. In order for them to be as robust as they are a coating of clear acrylic is rolled onto the cotton cloth during the manufacturing process to ensure the fabric is waterproof.
These cloths are 100% cotton with an acrylic coating +anti stain treatment, and are easy to maintain. To ensure the cloth lasts well and continues to showcase your table you need to:
- Quickly remove any food or liquid spills with a damp non-abrasive sponge
- If a stain persists, rinse it regularly with a sponge
- No really hot dishes to go onto cloth as this will damage the acrylic surface
- Only machine wash as an exception: use a small amount of powder, no softener, rinse thoroughly
- No need to spin – to dry the cloth hang on line in sunny weather, with the cotton side showing so that the cotton can dry. As the acrylic coating is impermeable, if the cotton side retains moisture you may have a problem with mould if the cloth is not completely dry
- Iron on reverse side at a low temperature to reactivate the treatment
- Then straight back on to your table to enjoy its practicality and vibrant colours.